Sunday, August 9, 2009

Eiffel, im in love *part un*

21st july 2009

I watched the sun coming out early that morning, jet lagged or excited or whatever you might call it, i had it. I could hardly get some shut eyes probably it was too cold or perhaps because i had no phone to call my loved ones in Malaysia *sigh* I killed the time walking to and fro Daing's cosy apartment, waiting for 0645 as planned, to get to St Pancras International where i was supposed to get myself on the Eurostar and travel for 2 hours to Paris.

The alarm went on at 0630 and there i was with the 2 boys, Daing and Per (Cheh was still in he dreams therefore none of us wanted to interfere that, sweet dreams Cheh) pushing my luggage across the town from Liverpool St to get to the train station. I was practically enchanted by the station itself. Culture shock to see how different it is than my home country (Malaysia i love you), probably the cafes and florist won my heart.

After i got my ticket from the machine which was super-easy to use (enter the online ticket's number and your credit card and voila!), we went and get ourselves food to warm the tummy. And there it striked me that i'll have to be a vegetarian or a fish-arian for as long as I'm on this trip. Believe me, there are tonnes of super-delicious sandwiches at Pret A Manger lined up with bacon and hams and fresh salads, but i won't be deceived, therefore i settled for and egg sandwich and a cup of Hot Mocha. Burp! That'll be enough to last till Paris, i hope.

As i was chatting away with the two lads, i was also praying inside, hoping that any telecommunication store would open soon for me to get my hands on a SIMpack. I am in need of a phone, badly! And there it was a Vodaphone store, just switching on the lights across the cafe. OMG!!! Thank you.. I got myself a SIMpack for GBP5 with GBP20 topup. Super expensive. That's a good RM110 but since i need it badly, i got it anyways. Thanks to Lisa the Vodaphone lady who was so attentive and actually informed me that international roaming fees are free for summer and that to make calls to Malaysia is way cheaper like 20p/per minute (RM1.17). Mahal laa!!! Whatever it is, Lisa you were my lifesaver.

So i got on the Eurostar and tried to get some sleep but before that, i need to make a phone call. I was happiest to hear voices, again. Personally, Eurostar is such a convenient way of travelling. Cheap, maybe. But the seats are like the ones you can get on AirAsia. Comfy, it is. My heart was practically flipping over and over again, excited to get my feet on Paris and to finally meet my Goyfie, ET. It's been years, 2 years?

ET had actually reach Paris earlier than me. So we agreed to meet at the train station Paris Nord as i was not familiar with places there. Unlike her, this is her third trip there (Correction: second time). When i actually arrived, i was practically sweating. Why did i even wore a thick top? Because London was super cold but Paris was warmer? Duhh... how would i know about the weather, right? Tu la tak check weather forecast kaaannn? I'm the type that couldn't be bothered about the weather, okay.

The sight of ET made me pull my luggage faster. I just felt like jumping on her but since, i think, I'm slightly heavier than her, i didn't. Let's just save it for Mr Mystery. I hugged and kissed her and felt never wanting to let her go, seriously. I missed her a lot. A lot! The people around were looking, but who cares, right? So what if i love my best friend? Jealous la tuuu... The 2 girls then marched to the nearest Metro Station to get ourselves to La Tour Mauborg where it is supposed to be the nearest Metro to our hotel.

It was a thrill to be in Paris with ET, perhaps the first trip with her alone. But i know, we'll have tonnes of fun. As we reached our destination, to get to the hotel was a 10minutes walk. Walking with luggages, doesn't sound chic but whatevs, we're tourists. As we approached Le Jardin D'Eiffel, we were told by the receptionist that our room would be ready in an hour. Perfect! We need foooodd and gues where did we go for a bite? Starbucks! *sigh*

When we actually got our room, believe it or not, i felt like we're on a honeymoon, our windows had the most amazing view, the Eiffel Tower. Let me be enchanted for a while, and I'll continue with my trip.
Bonjour Adura!!!!

1 comment:

[et] said...

goyfie, it's my second time laa..bukan 3rd!